October 29, 2011
October 22, 2011
A French singer, a songwriter, a poet...
and an anarchist.
... whoose texts I strongly recommend
to any French language lover or student.
October 2011 marks a double GEORGE BRASSENS' anniversary :
- born in Sète on OCTOBER 22, 1921
- gone in Saint-Gély-du-Fesc on OCTOBER 29, 1981
Have a look to PETER's blog for more info and pics and...
for a better understanding of Brassens' lyrics, HERE is their translation.
October 20, 2011
Following a last UN-CNT assault, this morning, Sirte
is freed and another dictator's career came to an end.
In Benghazi and Tripoli, crowds gathered in the streets to start celebrating
the death of Colonel Gaddafi.
[Photo: Philippe Desmazes]
NTC fighters celebrate in the coastal city of Sirte on October 20, 2011 after the final bastion of
resistance by forces loyal strongman Muammar Gaddafi fell to fighters of the new regime.
Gaddafi was killed on October 20, when new regime forces launched a final assault in his hometown.
euronews breaking news today:
- Gaddafi captured close to Sirte
- The last moments of Mouammar Gaddafi
- Gaddafi's death rises problems and questions
- Jubilant Libyan fighters parade Gaddafi's body
- What has become of Gaddafi's missing sons
Al Jazeera takes a look back at Gaddafi's reign, in pictures... HERE.
Col. Gaddafi's 42-year career :
- September 1st 1969, access to power...
- Oct. 20th 2011, dead of a Mad Dog.
BBC: Gaddafi reported final movements.
More PPG posts on Gaddafi...
October 16, 2011
First "Jazz in the Living Room"
at Pascaline Mulliez Gallery, in Griset, Paris XI...
Featuring on Oct 13, 8pm
and Oct 16, 4:30pm:
- Ammon Moore, vocals
- Bobby Few, piano
- Harry Swift, bass
Oct. 12 - Dec. 17 2011
- Eugène Leroy,
- Jean-Paul Riopelle,
- Jean-Pierre Ransonnet,
- Robert Clévier
I really wanted to go, but actually couldn't...
I'm sorry this time there isn't any G@tto's images of of the exhibition, nor of the
performance... only this Bobby Few 3-year old video.
... and THIS ONE, taken in the 80s at a 'Dunois' jazz'* eve :
with Bobby Few, piano
Alan Silva, bass
and Muhamad Ali, drums.
[I still have some b&w pics of that show, in my archive... to be digitalized].
*(such a nostalgic site!)
More PPG posts on PM Art Gallery.
October 14, 2011
October 12, 2011
4 women, 4 generations, 4 explosive characters, 4 destinies...
"Les Chagrins Blancs"
Written and performed by:
Alexandra Galibert, Barbara Grau, Caroline Sahuquet, Stéphanie Colonna,
and directed by:
[You can hear their interviews by clicking on each pic].
In a luxurious residence, a young woman loses herself, confronted to her anguish and
to the ghosts of the past when she is visited by her mother, her grandmother and her
[Click on the pic and listen to Justine talking about her work and watch at some excerpts from the play].
... "Of course I am 'privileged'. I live in a mansion, I have a nice car... what did I say? two, I have two cars...
and a scooter - just in case. Not to mention the farmhouse in Provence, where I never go... I hate crickets!
But me, who am I? I have no merit, no legitimacy, I am overwhelmed by the talent of my mother, the
reputation of my grandmother and the dough of my great grandmother!"
From Sep. 22 to Nov. 5/2011 at THEATRE MOUFFETARD
73, rue Mouffetard - Paris V - M° Place Monge
October 06, 2011
- Steve Jobs Has Died
- Steve Jobs: 1955 – 2011
- Apple’s Board of Directors on Steve Jobs
- Apple Pays Tribute to Steve Jobs
- Newspapers React to the Death of Steve Jobs [PICS]
- Jobs Family Statement: “Steve Died Peacefully”
- Steve Jobs Remembered: 10 of His Most Magical Moments [VIDEO]
- RIP Steve Jobs: Share Your Condolences [OPEN THREAD]
- Mark Zuckerberg Pays Tribute to Steve Jobs
- Google Founders: Steve Jobs Was an Inspiration
- Steve Jobs, 1955-2011: The Web Remembers
- Disney CEO: “Jobs Was Such an Original”
- Bill Gates: “I Will Miss Steve Immensely”
- President Obama on Steve Jobs: “The World Has Lost a Visionary”
- Google’s Homepage Pays Tribute to Steve Jobs
- Memories Of Steve Jobs: Interviews & Inspiration
- Steve Jobs: Goodbye to an Icon
- 15 Inspirational Steve Jobs Quotes
- Steve Jobs’s Other Amazing Companies: NeXT and Pixar
October 05, 2011
Over 40.000 known species worldwide,
5.700 in Europe and around the Mediterranean basin,
1.600 in France... and all different.
The predatory behavior of the spider gives him bad press. Yet the properties of its silk
thread, of its venom, as well as its voracious appetite for many insects make the spider
a valuable ally for the human race.
Spiders are therefore the subject of numerous scientific studies, because they are still
far from having revealed all their secrets.
Follow this Parisian arachnid and don't miss the 'Au Fil des Araignées' exhibit,
opening today at the Musée National d'Histoire Naturelle.
Musée National d'Histoire Naturelle - Grande Galerie de l'Evolution
36, rue Geoffroy Saint-Hilaire - Paris V
More spiders, now?