The Paris' Little India district comes alive for this colourful procession,
leaving from the Sri Manicka Vinayakar Alayam Temple.
Crowds line the streets of the 18th arrondissement to watch this free
Traditionally, coconuts are cracked open as the flower and fruit decked
cart of the god Ganesha [गणेश] is carried through the throng.
Before the procession, a religious ceremony is held at the temple.
- Visit their website for further details of this classic slice of Bollywood in the heart of Paris.
17, rue Pajol / 72, rue Philippe de Girard - Paris 18
M° : Marx Dormoy/ La Chapelle/Gare du Nord
Founded in February 4/1985
Temple Opening Hours : 9:30am/8:30pm
Daily 3 Pujas 10am, 12pm, and 7pm
Abhishekam : on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
The Parade Itinerary :
- 11/11:30 - 17, rue Pajol
- 11:30/11:50 - rue Perdonnet
- 11:50/12:15 - rue Fbg St-Denis
- 12:15/12:45 - rue Marx Dormoy
- 12:45/13:30 - rue Ordener
- 13:30/14:00 - bld Barbès
- 14:00/14:30 - rue Labat
- 14:30 - rue Marcadet
- 14:45 - back through rue Ordener
- 15h from rue Ph. de Girard to the Temple.
Enjoy it !