© 2007-2021

© 2007-2021
G@ttoGiallo
Follow GattoGialloNews on TwitterCreative Commons License







G@tto: On SALE in South Sardinia

August 29, 2008

When the unbelievable happens...

I am a gourmet and I am uncompromising on cooking matters.

Only when in Italy, I dare
to order pasta in restaurants
and pasta with lobster only
in restaurants near the sea.


So this summer I did it...
but the unbelievable happened !




Look at this lobster and bavette dish... you can see at once it's uneatable :
- overcooked bavette,
- tomato sauce looking boiled,
- and the lobster, poor sea's queen !
they definitely buried it under
a shroud of braised tomatoes !
Amen.

But, after all, Sardinia isn't (or wasn't) a fishers' island and local traditional gastronomy
rather turns around roasted meat.

I won't tell the restaurant name, because they made a commercial 'gesture', offering
a fruit salade with lemon sorbet and even a home made lemoncello.
____

No comments:



Related Posts with Thumbnails