© 2007-2021

© 2007-2021
G@ttoGiallo
Follow GattoGialloNews on TwitterCreative Commons License







G@tto: On SALE in South Sardinia

May 05, 2009

Music Time... in May/09

A Siji's song, 'Yearning for Home', dedicated
to many of the Nigerian diaspora...



(adesijibomi)

"The concept of the video was to shed light on my constant longing for my ancestral homeland Nigeria
where I grew up. It was thus crucial for me to convey the sense of nostalgia we immigrants come to feel
when far away from that which we affectionately call “Home”. For even though we have come to make
our new homes away from home, there forever remains a deep sense of longing for that which we left
behind. In doing so I chose to depict a number of scenes drawn from my own experiences, which shed
light on a few of the things I come across or do which remind me of my homeland.

Taken from my new album, 'ADESIJI', this song is dedicated to the many displaced around the world
who by choice or circumstance find themselves without a place of sanctuary, comfort or rest and now
yearn for a place to call Home".
__________________

1 comment:

Francesca Romana ALEGI said...

Il cantante non lo conoscevo, trovo il suo video molto musicale. Pensa che mentre ascoltavo la canzone i miei bimbi ballavano! Per fortuna che c'è sempre qualcuno che con la sua propria e personale forma di arte, ci ricorda l'importanza delle nostre radici!
Greetings from Rome!



Related Posts with Thumbnails